1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best pokemon you've encountered?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pokememon, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Pokememon

Pokememon New Member

I came across a Snorlax but it was in my neighbors house :(. Was so tempted to just jump the fence but didn't.

2. archella410

archella410 New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    a charmeleon appeared. was cut off by crappy connection

3. Renaeth

Renaeth New Member

Team:
    Valor
    I got a Meowth in the parking lot in front of Shopko. I told my roomie and husband that we were doing the creeper drive through the parking lot and it paid off.

4. featherm00n

featherm00n New Member

Tauros, and thats saying something about my area.

5. JimmyP

JimmyP New Member

Just saw and got a Lapras!

OAK likes this.
  6. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I've snagged a 1230 Golduck, 930ish Exeggcutor, 856 Pinsir, 780ish Scyther, 700 Ponyta, and an 850ish Tangela, all from the wild. I also got a 704 Nidorina that turned into a lovely 1270 Nidoqueen that is now in the 1400s. I've been overall pleased with the quality of the Eevees that I've snagged. I'm regularly getting 600+ CP Eevees out of the wild.

7. OAK

OAK New Member

Team:
    Instinct
    My 5 year old daughter plays sometimes when I'm driving. Today we stopped by a place where I found a Hitmonchan on my first day. Of course he had terrible CP because I was level 1 or 2, so I was hoping to find a stronger one now that I'm level 21. We didn't find a Hitmonchan, but my daughter says, "Dad, there's some giant purple thing and it's not a Venonat!" I park the car and take my phone to see this guy. IMG_2016-07-29-12374390.png Screenshot_20160729-184940.png

Loke, nib and Dannik Jerikko like this.
  8. Marioman1995

Marioman1995 Member

A 942CP Gengar was in my town yesterday...

I couldn't catch it, ran out of balls :(

9. OAK

OAK New Member

Team:
    Instinct
    So frustrating that there hasn't been a good way to track Pokémon lately.
    20160801_122542.png 20160801_122505.png

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  10. AlwaysAFK

AlwaysAFK New Member

Team:
    Valor
    My best wild caught mon so far is an 876 Magmar. My stable looks small right now because I'm hoarding stardust until I can start catching really strong wild Pokemon, and then it's game on!

11. supereece

supereece New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    lapras was the best encounter for me, it happened while my cousin and I were driving through the neighborhood. It popped up on my screen and i shouted "LAPRAS!!!" and my cousin immediately pulled over and we caught the damn thing, it was hilarious

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  12. Loke

Loke Moderator Staff Member

Team:
    Instinct
    Garados and Exxecutor spawned last night, same place the day before popped a Snorlax. The rare spawn point in the area popped the only Vaporeon I've seen in the wild (versus evolved).

I'd say Lickitung but we found a nest that you pretty much can catch all you want.

13. OAK

OAK New Member

Team:
    Instinct
    I'm pretty excited about a CP 1124 Dragonair I caught earlier tonight. If I can ever get enough Dratini candies, it will evolve into a badass Dragonite.

14. zerkky

zerkky New Member

Team:
    Valor
    My rarest Pokemon is Sandshrew.
    I've also seen a Horsea but I never actually got a chance to battle it.

P.s. I made a new Pokemon GO account recently. I also live in a small village. There are no Pokestops and Gyms in it. I rarely get to see a Pokemon.

15. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Member

Team:
    Mystic
    That is unfortunate, as living in a rural area or small town shouldn't absolutely screw you in PoGo. I live in the capital of my state. it's a small state, and a small city, and as a result, there are no rare pokemon nests, the spawns are terrible, and it really does take the fun out of the game to see people living in Philly, just over an hour and 20 minutes from me able to have top tier Dragonites and multiple Gyarados. I've grinded hard for every evolution of Pokemon I have, and I've been playing since the day before this game was released in the states, with no sniping, botting, spoofing, or anything like that. Hell, I used Pokevision ONE TIME just to see what it was about, and to determine it wasn't very fun for me. I'd like to think the way I'm playing the game is the right way, but it's really not very rewarding to play it the way I've been playing it. I've had to drive over an hour (so spending money on gas and tolls, and time out of my day just to drive) to catch any pokemon worth catching. I think I've caught one of each of the starters and a CP 10 Abra in my city, that's it. Game needs an overhaul as to spawns/nests so that the people who choose to live in areas that are smaller don't get boned.

zerkky likes this.
  16. OAK

OAK New Member

Team:
    Instinct
    Two days ago, I found a wild Dragonite. Raspberry. Ultra ball. Escape. Raspberry. Ultra ball. Escape. Flee. :-(

Then today I caught this guy in the wild!
    20160816_173943.png

zerkky likes this.
  17. GustavoWoltmann

GustavoWoltmann New Member

Team:
    Valor
    The best pokemon I've encountered is Dragonite. However, I am unable to capture it. After 3 tries of throwing Ultra ball, Dragonite still run away. It is very sad because I know it's just a very rare opportunity to see a Dragon type pokemon. Here in my location near the beach of Panama, most of the pokemon I caught is Staryu and Psyduck. I hope I can capture a Dragonite someday. - Gustavo Woltmann

___
    “Writers pay a lot of attention to wordage, because some publishers seem to care more about length than about quality and will automatically reject novels that don't fit their narrow standards of length - or will chop out extra wordage to make a novel fit.”
    ? Piers Anthony, On a Pale Horse