1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Clarification mate..

Discussion in 'General' started by Raizen, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    Hello Trainers!, I made this thread for some clarifications.. because i can't seem to find a reliable source from pokemon go. all the article's i've seen, is not from Niantic.
    then i think our forum will be a good source (as a pokemon Trainer) to understand some things.
    okay here i go,
    1. Is it true that you will get banned if you Download the APK in the web??
    2. does they really opened the server before in the ASIA?? including PH??
    3. and lastly, is it true that the portals in Ingress, is the Poke Stops and Gyms in Pokemon GO??

This all running around my head, and i cant seem to find the answers..
    help me trainers.

2. Heartlessindigo

Heartlessindigo New Member

1) no, but you can download an apk that's been side loaded with a virus, so you should only download from the play store

2) I'm not sure

3) yes

3. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    wow thanks for answering mate!,
    1.i'm worried now, i've downloaded an apk, dunno if it's from Niantic..,i hope my phone is not infected, btw how to check if my phone's already infected?

3.wow, so basically, we consult ingress, to open new portal near are area, becuase it seems that we only have 8 portals :3.

4. Sorey

Sorey New Member

Don't know if it helps, today I saw this article about an apk with malware, but there will be other variants too.
    http://gizmodo.com/did-you-install-this-malicious-pokemon-go-app-1783399021

5. Heartlessindigo

Heartlessindigo New Member

Can you download the official app? If you can, compare the permissions between the two apps, if the one you downloaded from online needs more, it's probably one that's been sideloaded.

As for ingress, they closed the polling for new portals a while ago due to too requests :(

6. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    It's only been rumored that people will be/have been banned from the APK. But it has been confirmed that it contains viruses and it has a backdoor for people to hack into your devices and or accounts. Also, a huge reason why there were and still are so many server issues is because people like you who couldn't wait for the OFFICAL link to the app in Google Play, you overloaded servers that weren't only not ready, but nowhere near ready for all that extra traffic that happened on it. There have been many talks that Niantic is a ban happy company as they did a lot of banning for Ingress. Technically using that APK file download for the game goes against their TOS so in theory they could ban you if they want to. So good luck.

7. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    Meh. Don't blame about that issue. I'm just an individual carried by the excitement and ignorance, that's why i made this thread.
    There's no one to blame, in the uploader side, thay just wanted to help, for others who's seeking to play the game.
    And for an individual like me or us, we just wanted to play the game, we don't want to left behind.

Let's Try to turn the situation, what if, your country's the last one to be released by the game?. Probably you'll be trying to install the apk.

8. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    I think the apk i've downloaded is the real one. This is from apkmirror, and before i download this, they said this is signed by niantic.

9. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    You weren't being left behind, you were being impatient. Now people in Canada and other countries, they are being left behind because of people screwing up the servers here and Australia, they now have to wait for their servers to go live. Now there is a good chance you will get in trouble for it, again good luck with that. And yes there is someone to blame. All the people who couldn't wait a while longer for the official link to the game to be available. You can get mad at it all you want, doesn't change the fact that you were part of the problem, regardless if you knew it or not.

10. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    Also, the only "official" way to get the game is through Google Play or the Apple Store. That file was obviously either taken from Niantic or hacked some-how. So ya it's gonna have Niantics signature on it. And no if the US was the last to get the game for some reason I would be an adult about it and wait like I'm supposed to. Yes it would suck but that's life.

11. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    Don't try to be good mate. You can say all of that because you were already playing the game :), you can't just blame the issue to someone,

12. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    Well said mate, being an adult and wait the game to be released even if your country's the last one to play the game.. i don't think so mate :),

13. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    If you are pointing that Apk is illegal,
    Basically the other software that supports ApK, should not be on google play? (Because it is illegal?),
    The main root of apk is the sofware supporting it. Tell me if i'm wrong mate.

14. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    Don't play good? No I'm not "playing good", I just know how to freaking wait like an adult. And I waited, I didn't even get to play the game till Sat, while I saw everyone around me from Thur on playing before me. :: Insert typical you don't know me BS:: but you obviously don't so you can't say I would so something when I know I wouldn't. Again yes we can blame the issues. Did you not read? That file, sent people to play the game on servers that WE NOT READY and NOT READY for all the EXTRA PEOPLE on it. You and others kept adding more traffic. You saying you are not the problem is like being on an elevator that is maxed at 200lbs and you get on adding more weight and it breaks.....That's what you and others did by using that file to get the game....if you can't see/understand that then I don't know dude... What ever.

15. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    It's illegal by Niantics terms of how to get/play the game.

16. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    I'm just telling what will be the root mate, because if apk does not exist, there will be nothing to download. So don't just blame others :), yep we both don't know each other. But you're blaming me the issue like you know me :),

17. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    ... if there was no APK file you would just have to wait for Google to get it like everyone else. And I can blame you because you are part of the problem. But I'm done because you don't care, and there is a good chance you will get banned from Niantic or already have a virus from the file or get your stuff hacked.

18. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    When i'm reading your 1st sentence, i thought you already got my point. But nope :), i already discussed clearly my side, it's all up to niantic :)

19. Marioman1995

Marioman1995 Member

@Raizen where are you if you don't mind?
    I would say the biggest regions are Europe, and USA... Possibly Asia too...

Europe has it out in both Germany and the U.K. now (don't know about the others, haven't been following since I'm in the uk)

Been playing since Thursday's release of the game. Haven't been out as much as I would have liked though.

20. Raizen

Raizen Member

Team:
    Valor
    I
    I'm here mate, still waiting for pokemon go to be release in our country :3,
    All i can do is gather some info & tips in youtube.