1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

How to track nearby Pokemon

Discussion in 'Outdated Guides' started by JimmyP, Jul 8, 2016.

1. JimmyP

JimmyP New Member

Credit goes to Lastminuteguy

Whenever you tap the nearby bar and tap on a pokemon you want to find, he/she/it will occupy the lower right 'nearby bar'.

Then whenever you walk into the direction of that pokemon, the bar will blink.

Keep doing this until there are no more footsteps and the pokemon should spawn.

Be sure to select 1 specific pokemon and make sure it isn't already visible on your screen (every pokemon you see, be it in or out of your circle can be caught and thus the game considers you 'on top of the pokemon' and will blink in every direction).

Also be sure you didn't select a pokemon with a duplicate nearby (I'm not sure about this, but it could be that it will blink for both).

But if you've selected 1 pokemon, not visible on your screen at this moment (and with no duplicates nearby to be sure) it won't blink in every direction you walk to. Also make sure your avatar faces the direction you're walking.

By the way you don't have to select one specific pokemon. If you won't it will blink when you move in the direction of one of the pokemon shown (IIRC, can't check I refuse to login via Google and PTC is dead so…).

2. Gudhix

Gudhix New Member

Team:
    Valor
    the blinking is because the tracking 3x3 page updates. as in a pokemon got closer/farther or a pokemon was added to the 3x3. it doesn't have to do with the proximity of a selected pokemon. i think this has been confirmed. also, with the footprint bug a pokemon can easily be farther away than you think. the best way to track a pokemon now before they fix this is to use the ingress app.