1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Does effect of Lure and Incense stack?

Discussion in 'General' started by GOGO, Jul 27, 2016.

1. GOGO

GOGO New Member

Anyone know if I can use an incense on top of a lure and have the effects stack? If so, is it slightly reduced or does it fully stack?

2. Rawr

Rawr New Member

Yes, if another person is using lure module and you are using the incense. Doing this, will allow you to increase chances to find more Pokemon!

If you are using both lure and incense, the effect doesn't increase or reduce chance to get a Pokemon. It will remain the same effect.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. Marioman1995

Marioman1995 Member

Are you sure?
    I've used both at the same time before...

4. Rawr

Rawr New Member

5. Loke

Loke Moderator Staff Member

Team:
    Instinct
    Yes, both may be active at the same time and here's why / how they work.

Incense - spawns 'personal' Pokemon only you can see and capture. They appear on your screen with the same 'swirling dust' effect your avatar has.

Lures spawn Pokemon at its location that any nearby player may see and capture.

Please note that neither of these effects pull from the Pokemon in your radar on the bottom right of your screen. At this time I'm unsure what table they are drawn from.

Bottom line, with incense active while standing near a lure you will see spawns from the incense, the lure, and regular spawns.

Incense will trigger one spawn every five minutes or Up To one spawn every one minutes / 100 meters when moving. I have never seen spawns that often, but that's what's in the code.

Lures and regular spawns are generated by cellular activity. Therefore, the more people around, the more often spawns appear. That is why urban areas are packed and rural areas are almost empty.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016