1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interesting experience so far?

Discussion in 'General' started by tajid, Jul 9, 2016.

1. tajid

tajid New Member

I have been amused going around seeing so many people staring at their phone and when I glanced they were playing pokemon!

Almost got punched last night going home lol. Was catching a pokemon and a guy was like wtf are you doing recording us... I said dude relax, just playing pokemon.

SmokeySmoke likes this.
  2. mecquso

mecquso New Member

people thought i was a burglar lol

SmokeySmoke likes this.
  3. SmokeySmoke

SmokeySmoke New Member

Yeah this game puts us in some strange situations. I was playing and a girl also thought I was filming her. Gave me a dirty look lol. Shoulda told her I was just trying to catch an eve...

4. Tyizor

Tyizor New Member

XD. Just an FYI that you can toggle AR mode off while you're catching stuff. Makes for fewer awkward experiences.

Some guy and his girlfriend called me and some of my friends out today after seeing us start and stop every few steps lol.
    Then he proceeded to ask me a few questions about how to fight gyms, where I caught evee dupes, etc.

Only with Pokemon Go does this happen lol

5. mecquso

mecquso New Member

that is awesome dude humanity back again

6. Minevn

Minevn New Member

My mom think i'm crazy

7. AlwaysAFK

AlwaysAFK New Member

Team:
    Valor
    Someone took my gym last night, so at 1:00 a.m. I convinced my husband to go help me take it back. On the way out the door, he asked if the McDonald's in the next town down -- that just happens to have more PStops than our little farm town -- was open 24 hours. It is, so we drove down to hit their stops and satisfy the munchies. We saw a couple of other cars of people who were obviously playing, and the police had one car pulled over near a bar. We'll never know if he was drinking and driving or training and driving, but I kind of suspect he was playing based on the location, right near a PStop. :D

8. Badwolf

Badwolf New Member

We got pulled over training and driving. We was stopped at a Pokestop but didn't pull all the way out of the road lol. It was at midnight on a Friday the cop thought we were drinking. Should have seen his face when he asked us why we was out so late and just parked at a church and we had to tell him it was a Pokestop. He let us go and said next time park in a spot first lol

9. Badwolf

Badwolf New Member

our towns movie theater is a Pokestop. We stopped out front and a worker came out and asked if we were playing. When we said yes he showed us his phone and asked what team we were on. My husband said blue and I said red. He said he couldn't talk is he was on yellow and the theater Pokestop was only for the yellow team

10. colinmundoy

colinmundoy New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Is it hard to defend your claimed gym. I just to know. Im from Philippines.:)

11. Tyizor

Tyizor New Member

Yes, because an AI battles the challengers, so something of a lower CP can easily defeat the things you leave there (esp if they have type advantage)

12. colinmundoy

colinmundoy New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    thank you for that information :) I could use it as a preparation for the official release here in PH...

13. Heartlessindigo

Heartlessindigo New Member

Taking gyms right now is too easy compared to how hard it is to defend...

which sucks, but hey, the game is literally one week old

14. Marioman1995

Marioman1995 Member

I saw a Jynx next to the Drynx (see what I did there?) in an Indian restaurant... Does that count as 'interesting experience'?