1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Top ways to improve/add new features to Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Feature Requests and Ideas' started by japokefan, Feb 18, 2017.

1. japokefan

japokefan New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Okay so here is a list of ideas on how to improve pokemon go:

1. The Gym System

Lets get the Elephant in the room out of the way. The gym system absolutely sucks in this game. It is bland, boring, and just straight up confusing. This just downgrades the game so much.

suggested improvement: Now what I would do is suggest having 2 modes. The 1st mode is similar to what the game has now, only with a few changes. You still would battle other trainers, only you do so in the RPG format that pokemon is famous for. The second suggestion is to have actual gym leaders like Broc and Misty, and you fight them and earn gym badges. You would fight them in the RPG format. For those of you that don't know what the RPG style is, it is you attack in round where you get a turn and the opponent gets a turn after then it is your turn again, and so on and so on. You would do this until someones pokemon faints.

2. The trading system

The trading system to pokemon go, has been long waited. It even was shown off in the release trailer. It would be great if Ninatic could get this out by March, since the feature will add more fun in the game, plus allow trainers ways to get pokemon they can't get.

3. Breeding system

This necessary isn't that important but still it would be cool to add in the game. Breeding will make people want to catch more pokemon, plus get more people interested in the game. Also, the newest update added genders which signals that breeding will be coming soon.

4. Add new pokemon (Legendary pokemon/ possibly gen 3)

I kind of combine these two things into one since they are similar. Legendary pokemon have been waited upon for months. They definitely need to come into the game, to get people interested in catching pokemon. In addition to that, pokemon go will eventually need generation 3 pokemon, since people will get board of playing if no more pokemon are added.

5. PvP in life battles against other online players

What I am talking about, is that trainers should have the ability to do battles in the real world without having to go to other gyms while encountering other trainers. It would be cool, and a lot more people would play the game if that were the case. I have to say that this feature would be extremely difficult to add. There is the biggest issue of how will the servers react to this. Also, this feature would be useless with the new gym system coming. I would save this for Summer or Fall, so Ninatic has some time to solve the problems.

Update 2/4/17: I am adding in a few more features that you guys are suggesting.

6. More ways to earn coins

With the new introduction of coins and more things that costs poke coins, there should be an easier way to get some. Here are some possible solutions to the problem.

1. Add you getting poke coins for defeating another trainer/ gym leader
    2. Reducing the amount of time it takes to collect your gym bonus

(personally I hope both ideas are included)

7. Other gym improvements

You guys commented a bunch of gym ideas down below, and I will be adding a few into my ideas of what should be added into the game.

1. See gym location your pokemon is in
    2. Gym level expanded to 20
    3. Better gym rewards

8. More items

Recently some more berries were added to the game. I think that this was a good idea, and I would like to see more items get added in game in the future.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I'm not opposed to making suggested changes but disagree with the assessment that the current system absolutely sucks.

I see one big problem with the current system: when a friendly gym is level 10 and your not in it, there's nothing you can do.Two idea to fix this:
    ~ability to engage a level 10 friendly gym and replace a defender if successful. An interesting twist would be if the replacement had to be lower CP.
    ~when a gym reaches level 10 another gym opens up at the same location. No limit to how many gyms open at a location. Potential for different colored gyms at the location. Each player can only leave one defender per location.

Other enhancements that might be nice:
    ~See how long a gym has been a particular colored or how long a specific defender has been in it.
    ~Leader boards
    ~See which gyms your defenders are in.
    ~When you enter a gym you're already in have the fact that you're in it immediately apparent. I've actually raised gyms and didn't realize I was already in it untill I couldn't leave a defender.
    ~A mechanism for getting more than 100 pokecoins. It should be significantly more difficult then the first 100.

I do not like trading. It is a lousy shortcut for the challenging process of filling out your pokedex. I will not use the feature but it will still ruin things as lazy players will fill up their pokedex ahead of me.

Not necessary but breeding might be cool.

They will eventually add generation 3. For peat sakes they just added generation 2. Some players are still working on filling in rare generation 1 Pokemon.

I personally don't have a big interest in pvp battles. If added I'll almost certainly try it out. If it grows on me, it will break my habit of usually playing alone.

3. japokefan

japokefan New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    1. Those are some great ideas. I will think of some more ways to add to the gym update to acomidate those things

4. japokefan

japokefan New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    2. I get your point, however there are plenty of others who like trading

3. I agree that it isn't necessary however it will benefit the battle people and make them come back to the game.

4. I am at the same point as you. The reason why I am pushing this, is I saw some youtubers catch half of gen 2 in one day.

5. Most people are interested in them, so it will bring back players.

Thank you for the feedback.

5. ST3

ST3 New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I'm mostly a player that likes to hunt pokemon and then do some gym battles. I'm not that hard core into trading, pvp or anything really fancy. One thing that has really been annoying me lately though, is the gym battle and coin collecting system. It is the worst, most unfair "reward system" and I can't believe people are not complaining more about it.

Basically, if I'm following all their rules and playing their game honestly, don't you think they should give me the courtesy of following through with their promised rewards? Instead, they dangle it in front of you and yank it away. Don't tell me I can battle 10 gyms a day and collect 100 coins if your rules are going to make it impossible to collect those coins. How stupid is it that you can't click the badge in the corner each time you win a battle and collect those coins? Why can you only click it once and collect all rewards at once and ONLY if your pokemon are still in the gym? It's so stupid. If I collect one set of coins seconds after I win the battle, then what's wrong with doing the same thing after each battle? It's not my problem if someone comes along and kicks out my pokemon a few minutes later because I have already invested up to 6 of my pokemon and plenty of items to revive and heal those pokemon for the next battle. So why should I be cheated out of those coins because my pokemon didn't last in there long enough for me to do the rest of the battles. Coins are hard enough to come by because if you live anywhere that is not in the middle of nowhere, I challenge you to even find gyms that don't already have 10 pokemon in them. Also, with all those items that get depleted, there is no way to even build them up unless the pokestops give you the necessary items, so I can't even battle if I can't revive my pokemon and heal them. Basically, why should I even battle if I'm going to lose that much and gain nothing?

Sorry if this is a rant, more than a response to your ideas, but in a way it is a suggestion for an improvement to this game. Niantic needs to stop being cheap with their dedicated players. They don't really understand how much time people invest in their game. They don't need to be stingy and make you beg for the rewards that are rightfully yours.

My idea would be to have a separate piggy bank (or pokebank haha) where 10 coins would be deposited each time you battle successfully up to 100 coins daily. Then, the shield at the top would display the number of gyms you have taken with the timer set at 20 hours, as usual but that would only be for any pokemon that have survived in the gyms after the 20 hours expires. Then, either you would have to click to collect, or they would be deposited into the pokebank, and timer would reset for another 20 hours. At least this way people wouldn't have to get screwed out of their poke coins, and they would only get extra credit for the same pokemon as many days as it lasts in the gym, which would honestly be none for someone like me who battles then turns around to see that by the time the second battle has finished, the first pokemon has been kicked out. Either that, or have a set time within which you can collect coins. Like maybe one hour, or even half hour after your battle if they want to make it super hard. So if your pokemon got kicked out within 5 minutes, you would still be able to collect your coins up to half or one hour after your first battle. And if that's too much to give us, then don't say that we get 10 coins for each battle. Seriously if they are not willing to give the reward then they have no right making me waste my items to revive the pokemon because it is a long process to get those items back.

Sorry this was so long, but it's not a good feeling to spend time driving around battling gyms only to find half the pokemon are kicked out by the time you're ready to collect the coins. The key now is to get Niantic to pay attention. They're too busy making huge deals about giving us Pikachu with holiday hats.

6. japokefan

japokefan New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I understand your point of view. I will be adding to my original list of features, and the coin problem will definitely be one of the issues I address. Thank you for your feedback.

7. ST3

ST3 New Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Thank You. I appreciate you reading that. I know it was lengthy, but the frustration was building up. lol