1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Features I would like to see in game

Discussion in 'Feature Requests and Ideas' started by TRTRoy, Aug 3, 2016.

1. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    So this is just a list of things I've thought of that would be good if they added to changed to the game. Just a fantasy list for fun. Who knows maybe some of these are actually planned because someone else thought the same thing. They did say the game is only at 10%.

1: The games maps look close to Google Maps.
    2: The trainer is in the middle of the screen instead of current lower odd center position.
    3: The ability to freely look around the map to see where PokeStops and Gyms are on the map.
    4: Let others see your nicknamed Pokemon at the Gym.
    5: Let more Pokemon have the chance to be stronger.
    6: The weather to actually affect what Pokemon will appear.
    7: Better nest spawns.
    8: Friends list.

That's all I got for now.

Marioman1995 likes this.
  2. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I'd like to see the ability for Pokemon to potentially learn better moves than the ones they've rolled. I've got a 1.2k CP Pinsir that I caught with the trashiest special move, and I really wish he snagged Submission instead.
    I'd also obviously like to see more spawns in rural areas, because frankly that's where the rarest pokemon should be spawning, out in the middle of nowhere where the Amish plow their fields.

Marioman1995 likes this.
  3. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    Those aren't bad ideas. I can see though it costing the candies to learn different moves which for some Pokemon making it difficult but more worth it. And I agree with the spawning, that needs to be fixed really bad. I'm so sick of Pidgey and Rattata, Weedle and Drowze. That's all I ever see around my place majority of the time.

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  4. Loke

Loke Moderator Staff Member

Team:
    Instinct
    1. How so?
    2. I agree it would be easier to see around you, but rotating the screen would be less functional.
    3. Preach!
    4. I'll pass on this, the occasional lol wouldn't be worth all the phallic jokes.
    5. Power creep, I hope not.
    6. Well, as long as lightening storms did spawn rare Pokemon. Kids running into storms with their phones, they would be sued out of existence. But the lawsuits are already rolling in.
    7. I think they work quite well now, just more varied locations. And more rural areas.
    8. Eh, I don't have friends. :( heh jk

5. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    1: Well the map in game is super basic looking and leaves out a lot of detail. If they used the same map graphics or one that is similar I think it would look better.
    5: Power creep? I just wanna see and be able to obtain a wider variety of stronger Pokemon.
    6: People will always do what they want and to each their own and for me it would make it a lot more fun if this were to happen. I live i IL which can have winter for up to 5 months so seeing a lot less weedles and pidgeys and more ice types would be awesome during those time and for other drastic weather changes.
    7: Around my place it has no special nest spawns so it sucks super hard.

6. Loke

Loke Moderator Staff Member

Team:
    Instinct
    1. I would suspect any additional details would be too much server strain.

5. Power creep, very common phenomena in 'freemium' games aka wallet wars. Basically the release of strong and stronger monsters/cards/heroes/etc requiring you to purchase new cards/packs/eggs/ect because your best in class just became second best. Also known as planned obselecense (company side) or the cult of the new (player wide)

6. I don't disagree, but I would program anything that potentially could make people walk into dangerous weather.

7. Time to move. Heh, jk. Hopefully we'll see some balancing with nests / spawns.

7. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Member

Team:
    Mystic
    My biggest issue that I'd like to see resolved would be the arbitrary nature of which pokemon escape pokeballs and flee. Getting really sick of burning 15 pokeballs on a CP 150 pidgey just so I can get 1/35th of the amount of stardust that I need to power up another pokemon. How about balancing the amount of stardust needed to power up stuff? It's kind of absurd to need to catch 35 pokemon to power up one level, especially when the fodder pokemon take an incredible amount of resources to bring home. I used 16 ultra balls on a CP 337 Wartortle Saturday night. It was frustrating, to say the least. I'm also having constant issues with my pokeballs just zipping right through the center of the wild pokemon's head - seems like some sort of sync issue. It's infuriating. There's a lot they need to fix/tweak, but I hope they start with the things that negatively impact people's inventories first.

8. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Some festures I would like:
    1. When you look at your list of pokemon and it tells you wich ones are assigned to gyms, it would tell which gym they are assigned to.
    2. More options for organizing list of pokemon
      • at least the ability to reverse the order of existing options to avoid scrolling all the way down.
      • Perhapse by move type
      • Perhapse by name but ordered according to evolution chain rather then alphabetical.
      • Perhaps ability to specify custom order to accomidate playet preference.
    3. When training and/or battling the ability to create custom rule for which pokemon are auto selected. The default rules often pick wrong. It is cumbersome and annoying to keep changing over multiple battles.

TRTRoy likes this.
  9. TRTRoy

TRTRoy Member

Team:
    Valor
    Good ideas