1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Elite TM Balance

Discussion in 'Rants and Complaints' started by xCrash14x, Jan 31, 2021.

1. xCrash14x

xCrash14x New Member

I mostly play in premier leagues bc I don't have a ton of legendaries, and have reached Ace rank. Now I find myself losing most of my matches unless I have a significant starting advantage. The main reason being, I don't have any pokemon with frenzy plant, blast burn or hydro cannon.

These moves are elite TM only, which are so rare, I've had pokemon leveled for them this entire season without receiving one. A pokemon with these moves can go almost even against thier weaknesses that don't bc they are so cheap and so powerful. It's frustrating to feel like I am unable to compete bc I can't access the blatantly more powerful moves. It's one thing to not have a gengar with shadow punch to shield bait, but going even against venosaurs with charizard bc they get two "uneffective" moves for the price of your one and your only other real alternative is dragon claw, which does lower damage than their frenzy plant, or overheat, which reduces your damage significantly after.

These moves need to be significantly reworked to reduce the huge margin between them and the normally available options, or elite TMs need to be more numerous so people can consistently get them and actually compete.