1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Depressed from Devastating failures

Discussion in 'Trainer Adventures' started by JPDenoyer, Sep 11, 2016.

1. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    down to 0 defenders in any gym.

Late last night got a gym 3/4 of the way to level 9 and had to quit because my 'old' phone died and my 'current' phone was in the mood where it reports my location wrong. By morning someone had finished and justifiably claimed the slot.

This afternoon I spent 2 1/2 hours bringing the gym to level 10. Some ass hole hiding in the bushes sniped me.

Cosidering quiting game.

2. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    The previous post was placed sunday. Yesterday (Monday) evening I did play a little. I'm writing this Tuesday morning. I have decided I need to take a couple days hiatus from playing to think about things such as:

~ On Sunday I got really out of control, screaming profanities at someone "hiding in the bushes" and then posting on this forum (different thread) that they were wise to remain hidden because physical violence likely would have resulted.

~how much time I spent playing and the other activities that could fill that time.

~the negative impact on sleep, eating, house keeping, etc.

I anticipate I'll resume some reduced level of playing with strict restrictions.

3. J'mihra Nunh

J'mihra Nunh Miqo'te Admin-Cat Staff Member

Team:
    Mystic
    This is a reason why i dont do gyms. However high they are they will always be taken over. Generally within 24h.

4. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I took a 24 hour total hiatus from playing. Last night I washed dishes that had been pilling up. I cooked a hot supper - it had been a while. I read a book. I got lots of sleep.

Today for the first time in weeks I fealt like I had enough sleep.

I did play today but have not resumed gym building, the most time consuming aspect. My new rule is that I am only allowed 2 gym nights a week and this is the only time I can do battles (training or hostel). One additional special night a week is allowed only if I have a defender In a gym for at least 24 hours. Special nights are restricted to building up gyms where I already have defenders.

5. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Yesterday morning when I broke the 24 hour hiatus and launched the game, there was a nearby gym my color with an open slot. I deposited a defender which is still there this morning (filling slots someone else opened does not defy my new limits)

This morning I woke up to see 3 more gyms with open slots. I only made it to 2 in time (someone else beat me to 1). I collected on 3. While walking around I noticed 5 nearby gym my color.

If they are still my color when I get home from work, I will take a gym night to build them up. My circumstances today are such that I can come straight from work and spend a couple hours without sacrificing sleep. Will post results.

6. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    There was turn over while I was at work and all 3 defenders placed this morning were returned to me. When I got home 4 gyms were again my color.
    I was not very effective building them up. By the end of this gym night only 2 are still my color. I have defenders in both remaining gyms. 9 hours to collect time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

7. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    Last thursday I posted that I had 2 defenders in gyms and was keeping my fingers crossed that they would remain 9 hours until collect time. They both did.
    One of them is still there a week latter!

I wanted to commemorate the occasion by raising the gym another level. I only got half way. It is a restaurant. I got there before they closed, made a purchase and left a decent tip. After they closed I went outside where they have a deck with tables and chairs and continued to play. I have sat there before with out problem. A little latter a ladie came out and told me I could not stay near the restaurant after they closed. [text deleted in edit]

One of my neighbors gave me the name of the main manager. In the morning I'm going to give him a chance to apologize [text deleted in edit]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  8. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    The talk with the owner of the restaraunt went well. He explained that people live upstair but showed me another set of tables around the corner where I can sit and play.

The gym is level 8, 4500 points from level 9. My guy is 2nd in line to be kicked out.

9. JPDenoyer

JPDenoyer Member

Team:
    Mystic
    I know the pokemon was there 8 days as of Friday. I go out of town every weekend. First thing Monday morning I'm down to no defenders in any gym.